• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen note appears

2 posts in this topic

As many of you know, I was robbed on 10/11 of a large inventory of coins and several hundred banknotes. The vast majority of the coins have been recovered, but there were still some notes missing.

I have built collections of currency with the serial #'s 00000081, 00000082, 00000084 and there were over 100 of these notes that were not recovered.

I received an email this evening from a non-collector that had seen my listing on EBay for the 84 set and he said that he had a 1969 note with that serial #. After a couple of emails, I discovered that his note was one that was missing from the 84 set. It is a 1969-D CA block. The man lives in Chicago, but he had received it in change in Manhattan on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

So, please be aware that the thieves have spent some of these notes. If you see any notes with the above #'s, please let me know. Maybe the thieves can be identified from the notes. Stranger things have happened!!

Many, many Thanx to all that have been of great support. It is truly appreciated!!!

Best wishes to all for a Happy Holiday season.

Julian

My email address is julian@juliancoin.com. My phone #'s are 301 585 8467, office; 301 785 5640, cell