• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uncirculated bills question

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I apologize if this question has been askesd before. Can one purchase brand new uncirculated bills direct from the BEP? I checked their website but the store is down for maintenance. For example, on ebay there are a few sellers listing 100 new uncirculated two dollar bills in the BEP straps for approx $240.00. my question is can a non dealer buy the same bills from the BEP.

Additionally I noticed that only 1 and 2 dollar bills appear to be available, can larger denominations be purchased? I would like to collect a pack of each denomination currently printed by the BEP, any insight would be most appreciated.

You can get packs of uncirculated US banknotes from most banks at face value.

I used to buy a pack of 100 $1 notes every Friday (payday) and search for stars, errors and radar notes. Believe it or not I had a pack of B district (NY) web notes that I eventually spent because they were so ugly.

That $100 pack would now be worth about $2000. :cry:

You can get packs of uncirculated US banknotes from most banks at face value.

I used to buy a pack of 100 $1 notes every Friday (payday) and search for stars, errors and radar notes. Believe it or not I had a pack of B district (NY) web notes that I eventually spent because they were so ugly.

That $100 pack would now be worth about $2000. :cry:

Thank you for the replies