• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade (opinions please)

9 posts in this topic

Greetings all. I finally picked up this $5 silver certificate. It's been on my want list for quite some time & I finally gave in to temptation & bought it. I think it looks better than the assigned grade (or it could be that I'm just smitten like a 12 year old schoolgirl), but I'm by no means an expert at grading paper. Could you please give me your expert opinions? Also, what do you think a fair price would be? (kind of late now & I hope I didn't overpay)

Thanks ,

Filthy

IMG-1.jpg[/img]

IMG_0001-1.jpg[/img]

It's certainly understandable, sometimes the grades are just nonsense. I have a 1907 woodchopper that looks crisp and I thought it was a sure AU note, but it came back 35. Sometimes on lower grades it works the other way, I have some I thought for sure were VG and they all came back 12 or 15. In any case, it's still a very nice note.