• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2001 $50 misprint?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I usually post to the comic book boards... and know nothing about paper money collecting so please excuse my ignorance! (and if is this is not the correct place to post please excuse me again.)

I sold some comic books a couple days ago and the person paid with what appear to me to be new $50 bills from 2001.. this was one of them.. and I noticed these lines going across the bill. I have been inspecting this bill very closely and the lines look to be the same exact "color" as the bill ink..and also the same "level" etc. (I'm sure there's some technical terms for that) i.e., part of the bill and not something added after the printing process.

I am wondering if a board member could shed some light on this? Have there been other 2001 $50's like this or is it just something else? Thanks!

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg