• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do these have any collector value?

20 posts in this topic

It's very difficult to pull a collectable banknote from circulation these days, though it does happen.

I have one friend who received five $20 bills from an ATM with blank (unprinted) reverses. He almost turned them in for "real" money, but he called me first.

Another friend got a $5 in change at a movie theatre with upside down serial numbers and seal.

I had a pack of New York web notes that I saved for years but finally spent. That was a $1900 mistake...:lol:

They are all star notes.

If I understand your question about "BLOCK", the plate position letters are A thru D.

I just (last couple of weeks) got into currency collectng. My experience is with coins. I'm in the process of assessing the couple of bills I have and, at the same time, learning the lingo.

When I purchased the star sheet, there was no internet, no ebay.

I'm sorry Sponge. Let me be a little more to the point. What Block or District, meaning what does the S/N's look like?

Axxxxxxxx* - Boston

Bxxxxxxxx* - New York

Cxxxxxxxx* - Philadelphia

Dxxxxxxxx* - Cleveland

Exxxxxxxx* - Richmond

Fxxxxxxxx* - Atlanta

Gxxxxxxxx* - Chicago

Hxxxxxxxx* - St. Louis

Ixxxxxxxx* - Minneapolis

Jxxxxxxxx* - Kansas City

Kxxxxxxxx* - Dallas

Lxxxxxxxx* - San Francisco

There are 12 districts that the notes could have been printed from if they are STAR notes. Hope this helps a little more.