• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEP: $5 Lincoln Freedom Collection Subscription Program

2 posts in this topic

Just released this morning - the subscription program for the 2006 series $5 FRN 12 district set:

"Limited to 2,000 sets worldwide, this subscription collection features one $5 note from each of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks with the LOWEST SERIAL NUMBERS available. Each of the colorful Series 2006 $5 notes offered in this collection was one of the first 3,500 redesigned "New Color of Money" notes issued from each Federal Reserve Bank."

At $299.95 - might not be a bad set to own. I'm a $5 FRN collector, so I went ahead an ordered 2 sets, especially with the 2009 series switch over later this year.

Looks like the the notes will be released in batches - 5/15, 8/5 and 9/1

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/store/section.cfm/73/3187

I find it funny the BEP does not charge for shipping but the US Mint does... (shrug)

Lowest serial numbers available, but no information on just how low they will be. "We did not roll back the serial numbers but just continued where the last series left off. So this new 2006 note start with the low low number of 89363862!"

And keep in mind the last 12 federal reserve district set like this they sold ended up only having I believe 8 districts because they never issued notes for the other four.