• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1893 Columbian Exposition Chicago World's Fair ticket and coin collection

8 posts in this topic

I've always been a fan of the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. I've read a lot of books about it and have visted Jackson Park in Chicago (Where the fair was held) just to pretend it was 1893.

Unfortunitly I'll never have the chance to see the fair first hand. But that didn't stop me from buying tickets to it. I've included scans of three of the tickets and 3 of the commemorative 1893 coins from my collection. What do you think?

What condition do you think they are? I don't know the first thing about condition in the coin and paper money hobbies (I'm a comic guy), and only bought these items because I am a huge fan of the history.

3391455820_336cc6126d_o.jpg

3390643437_fbaa11a8fa_o.jpg

Very cool... there are a few other coins you need to find for that collection. (thumbs u

I am aware of there being an 1892 version of the same coin and that some kind of token exists. Are there other coins from this fair?

I am also aware that there are many more variant ticket varieties also :)

I have a ticket from "Chicago Day" apparently held to honor the anniversary of the great fire. Here is a neat link I found with a lot of different ticket varieties: http://www.columbianexpositiontickets.com/index.htm Keep in mind, this site is selling these, but the info is interesting.

Man there are a lot of tokens and medals for the World's fair...I had no idea!

BTW...if you decide that you want to add an Isabella quarter to your collection, I have 2 fs on the BST.