• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these anything special?

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I was just going through some stuff and found two items I forgot about that I've owned for at least a decade.

Back in the old days working behind the counter at the movie theater when old change or bills came through I'd replace them with new ones and pocket the cool stuff. I just did that cause I thought they were pretty cool at the time....finding them ten years later I still think they are cool :)

Put I am in nooooo way a Paper Money expert. I'm a comicbook guy.

Are these any thing special other than eye candy?

3364647156_36b41a5998_o.jpg

3363825813_e868e3b653_o.jpg

The SC is a FR 1614 in about F-VF so , about $3 retail ( maybe even EF/$3.50), but still cool as a 1935 series E . It is clean looking , but has corner folds and creases .

The RS $5 is a Fr 1536 in about Vg-F so , about $12 retail , but it too has many folds/creases , is a bit discolored .

These are Small-Size Notes , legal tender notes , United States Notes as opposed to being large sized , or National bank notes , or Federal Reserve Bank Notes , or Federal Reserve Notes( the ones we use today).

SC - silver certificate

RS-Red Seal

Fr - Friedberg number(ing) system

Basically , I'm a coin guy , but I have a few notes also . I do not see any errors or mule characteristics on these .

Hope that wasn't over-kill or too much un-needed info.