• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New FRN Series - 2006A?

6 posts in this topic

With the new BHO administration - how long do you think it will take the BEP to switch the series to 2006A? (IE: 2006 $5 FRN has the Bush admin. on the note)

Just kicking it around to being thinking when to be on the lookout for a new series and the closeout of an old or even what the rules are in terms of time frame.

hm

I would think they would be series 2009, since a change in Treasurer usually entails an "A" while a new Treasury Secretary usually means a new series, like the series 2006 when Paulson took over for Snow.

I would expect Series 2009 since the current rule is to change series with a change in Sec Treas. I would expect to see it first on the ones in about 8 or 9 months. (It takes a while to make the engravings of the new signatures and the new plates and they won't start using them until the current plates wear out.)

Got it, thanks! I had them flipped (2006A vs. 2009). Either way, more notes to add to the registry eventually. Maybe the the BEP could do the new $100 as a 2009 series - wishful thinking though...

I was just at the BEP a month ago and they are already working on the $100, the lady said it would be coming out in Aug-Oct time frame!!

I was just at the BEP a month ago and they are already working on the $100, the lady said it would be coming out in Aug-Oct time frame!!

Cool! Any info on what changes will be made, what color it'll be, etc.? I've heard that the bills will employ a strip that has tiny lenses to move the design, and that the bill would likely be red, but nothing else.