• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

6 posts in this topic

I will soon be parting with a collection of national and obsolete notes from Port Jefferson, NY.

Wondering if I should have them certified before trying to sell them, and what venue would be best if I took that route (I got very good response to colonials I listed on ebay last month), I am also considering selling them on ebay with a BIN prices based on my research.

I also have a ton of ephemera from this same bank, including checks, the minutes for the board meetings from the '40's on up (with lot's of well known names on the board), an elaborately decorated embosser used to validate the stocks and the actual sign on the front of the bank.

scans deleted - new photos will follow a.s.a.p

There are 15 large notes reported from Charter 5068 and 17 small. Your 1902 PB is worth ~ $1500-$2000 and the smalls (1929) are worth ~ $500-$600 each. These values can be either slightly higher or lower considering the economy and other variables. Hope that gave you what you were looking for.

Yes it was helpful. A specimen of the smaller $10 note recently sold for about $900 a while back on ebay I believe.

That one looked a lot more worn than mine.

Thanks

Do you have any idea where I could get info on the shin-splits?

Actually, I've been there - they sold 1 much earlier Port Jefferson national, a brown back in Fair condition sold for over $6K, a $5 for $1400 (VF) and a $10 for $920 (in what looks like a F), and 3 of obsoletes for about $1100 (all from the same bank, different denominations and cancelled.

Thank you.