• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2003A $2 Notes beginning with 2008XXXX district set

6 posts in this topic

Hi:

I am new to this and need some help and/or advice regarding the district set offered by the BEP in January 2008. The set is the 2003A $2 note district set which started with one district note a month. After collecting nine districts, the last one being the Boston district on 11/12/08. Everything stopped. I emailed the BEP regarding the last three districts and the reply was that the remaining districts were no longer available. These notes were printed at least four years ago and they are not listed on their sold out products list. Can anyone help me with more info and/or advice. Thank you.

I'm no expert in paper but I do know that two dollar bills, not being extremely popular, ar not always printed for all districts. So it is possible that they never printed any 2003A series notes for those last three districts. And why do you say the notes were printed at least four years ago? Once the create a printing plate they use it until it's worn out. With the low print runs of twos, they may still be using the 2003A plates.

Only nine were produced in 2008. These collectibles were not produced for the districts of Minneapolis, Kansas City, and Dallas. They were not produced because of time. With a 5-6 week pace for releases, the BEP only had time to produce nine. All were sold out.

When I did get to ask the BEP about this, I was told that it was an arbitrary decision. Then I was told that they targeted districts with potential sales interest--skipping from eight (St. Louis) to twelve (San Francisco). The feeling I got was that the BEP didn't know!

At least I have 3 New York notes!

Scott :hi: