• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake Notes

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently procured an Australian pre-decimal note on e-bay. I have a feeling it's not genuine because the paper is very different from other pre-decimal notes I have. There seems to be a watermark but it is almost completely visible even when the note is not held against the light.

When I received the note it was laminated and that's what concerned me. The note I have is in un-circulated condition and the seller seems to have a lot of rare pre-decimal Australian notes in almost Gem un-circulated condition.

Can I still send in my note to PMG for verification?

Thanks in advance.

Hanoz

Dear Hanoz,

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, PMG will not grade any note that has been laminated and PMG only authenticates by encapsulating the note and grading it. If the note has qualities that won’t allow us to grade it (illegal counterfeits, laminated notes, etc.) we will not encapsulate it.

Best,

Steve