• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first post here - Question about $$

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

My name is Tyler.. I read the CGC Comic boards a lot, and this is my first trek over here..

I have always thought it would be a fascinating hobby collecting early American Paper money..

I like the historical aspect of it.. I like the "Americana" aspect (My family came here in 1630!)

But I know NOTHING about collecting paper money at all..

Is there a sort of "bible" currency collectors go by??

Any tips????

Totally broad question I know but I am very interested, just dont know where to start

If you are looking for a book that will give you background information on US currency, I recommend US Paper Money Guide and Handbook by Carlson Chambliss or the Comprehensive Catalog of US Paper Money by Gene Hessler and Carlson Chambliss.

The first one does not contain pricing information but is more of a history book for collectors. The second book mentioned does contain pricing information and also has a fair amount of background information.