• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italian 100 Lire Note

7 posts in this topic

I collect a lot of WW2 Era notes, coins, medals, etc. I have some literature on the topic. The main book I go by is World War II Remembered by Schwan and Boling. I have this note and I have done research and I can not find the country of origin. I originally thought it was Italy, but all the Italy notes I find from this same era do not look anything like this one. I have seen pictures of people selling this one on the net saying that is !!!RARE IN ANY GRADE!!!. Yea I don't know about that, but if I knew for a fact what country it originated from I could do more research.

100LireBack.jpg

100LireFront.jpg

Thanks in advance guys.

It is Italian. It is Pick #55 issued between 1931 and 1942. You will not find it in World War II Remembered because it is not specifically a WWII issue.

Here is the same note from Ron Wise's World Paper Money page.

italyP55-100Lire-1931-42f_donated.jpg

italyP55b_donated.jpg

It is Italian. It is Pick #55 issued between 1931 and 1942. You will not find it in World War II Remembered because it is not specifically a WWII issue.

Here is the same note from Ron Wise's World Paper Money page.

italyP55-100Lire-1931-42f_donated.jpg

italyP55b_donated.jpg

For some reason my post was deleted. I mentioned before that my wife is from Italy and she said that this was a note of regular issue that was around during World War II and that it disapperaed around the early fifties.

No it didn't it is on a similar post in the world and ancient currency forum

O.K. I usually only pay attention to the Subject matter. I guess the next question would ask why the same thing was posted on different Forums?