• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help!Is it worth it to sell on ebay?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I'm new to this whole thing and am not quite sure what to do. I have a lot of paper money and coins -American - in all demoninations, ranging in years from the nineteen teens to the seventies for the paper money and early nineteen hundreds to the eighties for coins. I have done a lot of research and am pretty confident I have valued them correctly. Is it worth it to put them on ebay without them having been professionally graded or does that make a difference? Any advice would be great! Thanks! Christina

I have a large cent from around 1908(not exactly sure-they're in the other room.) Other large cents from the early 1900's, dime and nickels from the same period. My grandmother worked the courtesy desk of a Stop&Shop in the 60's and would sometime put her whole paycheck into "buying" the old money that used to come in. I'll check more carefully and post some specifics. I have a 2 cent coin but it's mostly obliterated. I was able to figure out what it was by checking through the book for like symbols. I have been using The Red Book at the advice of an amateur collector. Is this a good resource?

I have a large cent from around 1908(not exactly sure-they're in the other room.) Other large cents from the early 1900's, dime and nickels from the same period. My grandmother worked the courtesy desk of a Stop&Shop in the 60's and would sometime put her whole paycheck into "buying" the old money that used to come in. I'll check more carefully and post some specifics. I have a 2 cent coin but it's mostly obliterated. I was able to figure out what it was by checking through the book for like symbols. I have been using The Red Book at the advice of an amateur collector. Is this a good resource?

Ack, can you tell I'm new at this? I've checked and it's a 1908 SMALL cent. Also have an 1898 small cent and large cents for the years 1806 (very,very worn but date, silhouette, and year visible areas of back smooth but entirely visible) 1810, 1818, 1819, 1828, 1843, 1850, 1854, and an almost pristine 1853. As I get more experienced at all this, I'll put pictures up if that'd help.