• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay issue over my $1 1928 red seal

5 posts in this topic

Ok i bought from a dealer. and they said please have the payment paid by may 12th cause they would be going away. I made the paypal payment on the 10th. Since this note i bought was going to a friend I had them ship the note to the person. ( why should i have to pay for shipping twice when one direct shipment would get the job done and he would get the item sooner. Anyway. . . Paypal said the payment was made and was complete. Seller never emailed to say payment was received item was mailed. nothing. Ive done 2 emails to the seller. and now did a Ebay dispute and a Paypal dispute. What can I do? What will happen from here. I wonder if they went away with my money and I am left with nothing. They have a rating of 97 and a 100% feedback so im hoping its nothing more than lack of communication during a planning of a trip . but if they take the time to accept my money they should be considerate enough to send an email saying payment received payment will be mailed.

I dont know if they didnt mail it cause they went away on the 12th, if they left it for someone to mail and they never did. Point that gets me more than the lack of note that my friend should have received and lack of me being out of 130.00 is the fact there was no communication. I took the time to communicate all the way and now nothing from their end but a paypal ill accept your money ..

Im so mad at the moment but I wanted to get your feedback

Did I do everything within my power and was there anything more i could have done

Well talking to the other buyer he had around the same time and the board members on here ( from my other post since i didnt know where this belonged) they told me to give the dealer more time since they were going away on the 12th and my payment was received the 10th. Lets see what happens. I have a bad feeling about it but thats just me.i have 45 days to file with ebay ( even though they tell me to go through paypal. ) so i had to cancel that so i can buy more time for the seller. But if i have to re do that I have to call paypal and deal with a rep for that.

Be very attentive to that eBay dispute process! I had a dispute with a seller who sent me a Trade Dollar that turned out to be an oversized fake. I opened a dispute which was allowed, but eBay/PayPal gave me such a short time to return the item that I missed the return deadline and they then cancelled the dispute!

Bottom line -check your email several times a day during the dispute process to be sue eBay/PayPal doesn't "short fuse" you!