• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lotsof Paper money from newbie

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone please tell me the best way to go thru inherited paper money that is from pre '60's... including 1's, 2's 5's,10's, 20's, 50's, and 100's. My Relative saved everything and I really don't know what to do?

Anything you can tell me would be appreciated! If I hve to hold on to them until I am proficient, I will.

Thanks,

Ward

there is also the small black book of notes :) again it all depends on grades and such. if you could scan some to show us a few for an idea :)

signitures

note serial

creasing

color

paper type/condition

browning

and much more are things to look at.

Yes hang on to them and learn all you can for yourself before you venture out to get them have in you valued professionally. Are we talking of American Banknotes? If so you could also consider getting the book by Friedberg, A Guide Book Of United States Paper Money: Complete Source for History, Grading, and Prices, from eBay or Amazon and use it to start getting a feel for what you have in your collection.