• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome to My New Jersey

5 posts in this topic

6894 is the note number. Back before they went the newer production lines ( i think in the 1860s ) This was the main way they would make a note. (especially for local town notes). Depending on the town state Un-numbered unsigned notes could be worth more. I have a $5 Canal Bank in 66 grade that was unsigned or numbered and I get the feeling for that bank it was all too common to find them that way so that particular bank its not too rare. I guess ( to my limited knowledge of this topic) it would depend on the bank to know which unused notes like this would be rare worth more than others.

It seems to me that unsigned notes would never have entered circulation and therefore the very great majority of such surviving notes would be graded in some level of un-circulated condition. So if there is a lot of these notes, then even a very high grading is unlikely to bestow much value.

BTW, I just acquired two such notes myself. I offered 60% off the asking price, and I think I may still have over paid.

Good luck.