• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 dollar bill !!!!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Hi all i have just won this engraved cigarette case in a job lot at my local auction in the UK .. when i saw it i thought it was interesting and had to have it ..

can anyone give me any information about it Age, who made it, common, rare etc

thanks dooly

100o.jpg

100.jpg

Looks like an interesting piece of folk art, maybe done in the 1930s or 1940s given it's a series 1928 (most of these with the gold clause were withdrawn in the 1930s, though were still legal to own and spend unlike actual gold certificates). The most obvious error is the four "7"s on the front should be "8"s for the St. Louis Fed.

Looks like an interesting piece of folk art, maybe done in the 1930s or 1940s given it's a series 1928 (most of these with the gold clause were withdrawn in the 1930s, though were still legal to own and spend unlike actual gold certificates). The most obvious error is the four "7"s on the front should be "8"s for the St. Louis Fed.

cheers for the information (thumbs u

the most obvious error i thought was "WILL PAY TO THE BEAKER ON DEMAND" lol

I've seen one on craigs list. and IVE been dieing to find another one forsale. The ones I've seen were longer than that ( i guess for the 100s or 120s or super slims. ) but its cool addition. congrats

the box is 95mm x 82mm and is spring loaded opening.. i was thinking of cleaning it .. do you think this would damage the box? .. as i am a "coin" man i may let it go at some point.. and i will keep you in mind if you would like first refusal (thumbs u

is it steel or silver? I dont think cleaning it would damage it all that much. , The type i was refering to was made of steel i wouldnt use anything abrasive on it but sure give it a shot. could only help the apperance of it