• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Procedures for On Site Grading by PMG?

2 posts in this topic

I reviewed different posts and FAQs but still have additional questions.

Being new to paper currency, I would like to learn more about the procedures for on site grading.

1) Can anyone from the general public submit an item for on site grading when attending one of the large trade shows (i.e., ANA World's Fair of Money) without having a PMG submitter number?

2) Does PMG have a printable PDF version of their submission form? This would allow someone to fill out the form in advance of the trade show for on site grading.

3) What is the turnaround time for on site grading?

I realize trade shows can get extremely busy but if someone submits something at midday (12 Noon) on day 1 of a trade show, when could pick up be arranged? If I have to travel out of state to a show, I would like to plan out how many days I need to be in town for a hotel room.

I would also hate to be turned away after making a special trip to an out of state show.

4) Is there a maximum number of items I can submit for on site grading?

Ideally, I would like to attend my first show and submit a few items in the most efficient manner.

Thank you.

Cheers!

N

Dear NelsonAl,

Thanks for the questions. Collectors may submit paper money to PMG for grading through a) an authorized PMG dealer b) through membership in the Collectors Society or c) as an ANA member. This is the same at shows where PMG does on site grading.

The pricing tiers are as follows:

1. $35 for notes valued $1,500 and less

2. $70 for notes valued $1,501 to $10,000

3. $100 for notes valued over $10,000

4. $150 for expedited service (any value with 4 hour turnaround)

5. $150 for notes valued over $50,000

See the website for a list of shows where we'll be grading on-side.

For more questions on on-site grading, kindly email: service@PMGnotes.com or call us toll free: 1.877.PMG.5570.

Best,

Steve