• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advise on going Bison and Poker Chip hunting?

5 posts in this topic

Ive been looking at my ususal suspects for as trying to locate dealers who have them forsale. Bisons ive seen alot of but Poker chips are kinda scarce. While i can kinda grade bisons from all the notes ive seen the Chip $10s I cant. Has any one dealt with these notes enough to be able to help me learn the grading of these notes?

Also Im kinda feeling the Poker chip is my last real hoo-rah with this collecting. All I have left is the Bison, Chip and the Chief. Does anyone else know what other Large size notes would be good to look into and help me advance my thirst for rarer and cool notes?

Poker chips are tough with all caps! I have a regular search with Heritage on those, but they come in bunches every half year or so and I've either not liked what I saw or was sorely outbid! Certainly a porhole is a cool addition too, and maybe an 1886 Morgan back $5 silver cert too.

jtr, Maybe I should look into that. I want to do a nice educational series set . The only thing keeping me going is my 28D star mule series i want to complete, and my lowest known bills. just hate to feel like ive run out of ideas as to what to get. I also want a few other oddball items i.e. refund note and a few of the 1861 notes.