• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grade help please!

17 posts in this topic

what does this look like. i know its not a scan but as of now i have a full desk and no room for scanner. but its in prety good condition but has some foxxing.

forumstuff017-4.jpg

forumstuff019-4.jpg

kool i found it nice :) say i have a very crisp no crease note. it has browning on it "foxing". but it is awsome other than that. what would the grade drop due to just browning?

that was a cam pic. i have now hooked scanner back up and will add scans of note. i also need to know am i wrong about this foxxing thing. is foxxing just a natural stain?

Perhaps they grade notes differently in the States. In Canada, to have an EF note, the allowed flaws could be a centerfold, or two or three very light creases, but no combination of the two. This note has "staining, folded corners, a missing corner, and what looks like multiple light creases. Even if the note is crisp, this isn't an EF note. Even if there were no "stains", this still isn't an EF note. (IMHO :shy: ) To me, those "stains" look like the transfer that many notes get from being in a leather wallet. The wallet may have gotten damp somewhere along the line, and therefore you'll see this sort of result. With that little corner missing, I'd have to bring your grade down to VF-, as previously suggested, but it's still an "eBay UNC". lol:jokealert:

BTW, I'm not trying to put your note down, I'm just trying to be honest with you. :foryou:

Andy

not a problem andy :) honesty saves heartake. for 90 i dont feel i did bad at all :) i dont know if i want to sell this but id rather have a indian chief :)

i am into the battle ship and indian cheif note more. if you have any of these i would be interested in trading. it will be going to grading this week so we will know in not too long what it grades :)