• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When You Scan Notes, What Resolution Do You Use?

9 posts in this topic

I generally scan at 600 ppi, but I've found that, especially for the 2004 and later series, I need to scan at higher (1200 ppi) to actually see the microprinting well. Of course, I then save these as 16-bit TIF files and they take up nearly 100 MB each as opposed to about 37 MB.

What resolution do you generally use?

My scanner software doesn't yell at me, but Photoshop does whenever I open, copy, or paste the note. It's really obnoxious - I don't want to copy the stuff, I just want to have pretty pictures for my own records and enjoyment. Sigh.

I'm glad someone actually replied to this. I was afraid people would be scared off.

yeah i know what you mean ant. I hate to say it but in a way I think the software is going to be giving thieves ideas more than preventing it. Is there anyway for me to bi-pass this so i can post newer notes here and show you some of my nice star note bills??

yeah i know what you mean ant. I hate to say it but in a way I think the software is going to be giving thieves ideas more than preventing it. Is there anyway for me to bi-pass this so i can post newer notes here and show you some of my nice star note bills??

At least in Photoshop, there is no way to turn this *warning* off. I would guess that if it's built-in to your scanner software that you can't scan modern notes (due to the EURion constellations), I would guess you need to find different scanner software that doesn't have this restriction. Or, you could e-mail the company that made the software and see if there's a way around it.

My scanner software doesn't yell at me, but Photoshop does whenever I open, copy, or paste the note. It's really obnoxious - I don't want to copy the stuff, I just want to have pretty pictures for my own records and enjoyment. Sigh.

I'm glad someone actually replied to this. I was afraid people would be scared off.

Actually Photoshop comes with a second editior as well. If you get this warning in photoshop, then simply open the image with the sidekick program save as a .psd file then open it in photoshop and make the adjustments!!

Just that easy....

RickieB

I use anywhere from 250 to 600 depending on if I'm scanning a full note or a certain portion such as a seal or portrait. Strangely enough, my visioneer one touch will scan any type of currency. I only use it to scan my auction notes. It's too stupid to try to pass off a copied note anywhere for any reason and would never do so. I kinda like my freedom and have no desire to reside in a 10X10 cell with a roomate named Bubba.