• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Local Bank had a sale on old money

6 posts in this topic

I got a call from my friend who works at the local bank a block from my house saying a lady cashed in alot of old style notes and if I was interested i should come down and take a look to see if I would like any.

Heres what I got.

2- $20s 1934a BA block

2 $10 1950 CA and EA

3 - $10 50A AB BF and LB

3- $10 50B BG CC and FB

5- $10 50D 2 BI 2 BJ and 1 FC

1 - $10 34C BE

2- $10 34A BC and BD

a $5 50B BD

Assorted $2s ( most ill end up cashing in again )

Highlights are 2 76's with the seal and SN really High and Really low

1 - $2 53B series

then the last 35 are $1 silver certs. from 35A to 57B which most are 57s.

My friend said the lady was moving back to her home country of India and she didnt have a need for her collection anymore.

I figure since finds like this dont happen all the time Id share this bit of good news with you. all 10s are F to XF and $20s are F to VF. Happy day to say the least.

Today I stopped at the bank and got some cash and was handed a series 1990 $20 note in AU. This note is somewhat scarce as it marked the fist time a security thread was incorporated into the paper (the signature combos are the same as the series 1988A). This is the second old-style note I've received in the last 3 weeks, so it seems with times being tough people are spending old notes!

I have received a few old notes from my bank, a 1950 $2 a 1950 $5 note, of course about f condition. But the best note I got was from an old gentelman that alway had $1 silver certificates he spent at my work, but the best bill he spent was an $1950 ten dollar silver certificate. I bet he kept money stored in a safe despoit box for a long time!