• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PMG Submission Turnaround

8 posts in this topic

I would like to hear from those submitting notes to PMG what their experience has been on getting them turned around.

Reports from PCGS customers are ranging from normal submissions of about 3 weeks to a month to over 2 months for those taking advantage of their special programs.

I have not seen any advertised, but does PMG offer any "specials" besides the levels of service listed on their site?

Thanks,

Jeff

I sent in a 4 invoice submission on 2/11. Here is where each invoice stands.

No tier, reholder - had it back within a week.

Express tier - had it back within 10 calendar days.

Standard tier - was mailed to me this Tuesday so I should be getting it back today or tomorrow.

Economy tier - still not graded as far as I know. Unfortunately, PMG does not yet have an order status screen like NGC so all I know is the certification numbers on this particular invoice still show as invalid.

Hope some of this helps.

Thanks gpnyc,

Thats helpful. I was reading on the PCGS boards that some of the December specials are coming back now. Thats 3 months! The other submissison about half the time.

I have some notes to submit, and if Glenn and his crew can turn them around like yours, I am happy.

Jeff

You're welcome. Just to update you, the Economy submission was completed on Monday and is in the mail coming back to me now. I am very satisfied with the service. I have been using NGC for years but this was my first PMG submission.

As an aside, almost every note was graded consistent with how I had graded them raw. The two that were a little off were on the upside:

An 1866 $5 Silver Cert came back VF-35, I had it as VF-30.

A 1917 $2 Legal came back 66 EPQ. This was a note I had purchased raw with hopes of it making 64 EPQ. That note is now worth triple what I paid in Feb and all by itself pays for the grading fees (and then some).

Thanks gpnyc,

Thats helpful. I was reading on the PCGS boards that some of the December specials are coming back now. Thats 3 months! The other submissison about half the time.

I have some notes to submit, and if Glenn and his crew can turn them around like yours, I am happy.

Jeff

Jeff....

I just sent in 15 notes to PCGS..it has been 5 weeks thus far and no word yet on the status! Ilike PCGS grading but their special's seem to be pretty weak as far as turn around!

RickieB