• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A good Continental/Colonial reference and source?

5 posts in this topic

While Newmans book is the best in the market for background and historical information on colonials, you may also want to look at

"Paper Money of the United States" by Arthur and Ira Friedberg. - 18th Edition - The Coin and Currency Institute. Well organized for pricing and they have the Fr. numbers for you.

I would not get the same title from Whitman - its an older edition and in paperback.

----

Those 2 books i think are essential for anyone collecting Colonials.

Jeff

While Newmans book is the best in the market for background and historical information on colonials, you may also want to look at

"Paper Money of the United States" by Arthur and Ira Friedberg. - 18th Edition - The Coin and Currency Institute. Well organized for pricing and they have the Fr. numbers for you.

I would not get the same title from Whitman - its an older edition and in paperback.

----

Those 2 books i think are essential for anyone collecting Colonials.

Jeff

(thumbs u

but if you go to www.stacks.com auction archives and research the ford sales and other sales and prices realized

it is free to do you can see photos of every colonial note and prices realized and rarity and many other factoids done by the worlds experts on colonial and continental currency

also www.ha.com sign up for free in the currency auction archives to see prices realized and notes and descriptions

good luck