• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Canadian Treasures

11 posts in this topic

Bank of Canada

I have been on a search to get some more Canadian notes in superb condition. Its taken some time, but I have them now.

Let me share these pictures with you. These 1937 notes are perfectly flat, razor sharp edges and not a wave, stain, wrinkle or a crinkle.

I may get these TPG'd

Jeff

$1.00 1937 BC21d

1248.jpg

$2.00 1937 BC22c

1249.jpg

$10.00 1937 BC24c

1250.jpg

$20.00 1937 BC25c

1251.jpg

These $2 notes are all astrix notes....equivalent to our stars. They looked outstanding and I couldnt pass them up.

$2.00 1954 BC38dA *O/G-0081064 CHCU

1252.jpg

$2.00 1954 BC38cA *A/G-3363122 CHAU (small handling crinkle on the top of the note. It doesnt go across the whole note just an inch)

1253.jpg

$2.00 1954 BC38bA *B/B-0327254 CHCU (mabey GEM - Rock you call it)

1254.jpg

Nice bills. Imagine that ... different colors for different denominations! hm
The BEP is now doing that. Wait until the new $5 note comes out!

Scott :hi:

Yeah, I know. But it's only happened in the last 5 years, their implementation is not even (like the giant purple "5" on the back of the $5 isn't present on other denominations for their denomination), and so I can still complain. It just gives me yet another reason to be angry at the government. ;)

Nice bills. Imagine that ... different colors for different denominations! hm
The BEP is now doing that. Wait until the new $5 note comes out!

Yeah, I know. But it's only happened in the last 5 years, their implementation is not even (like the giant purple "5" on the back of the $5 isn't present on other denominations for their denomination), and so I can still complain. It just gives me yet another reason to be angry at the government. ;)

I didn't say you couldn't complain, I just pointed out the current state of affairs.

BTW... I've been collecting Israeli currency, which has some very nice designs. The Israelis have shown that currency can be functional and pretty!