• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another black-eye for PMG...

17 posts in this topic

Let me study this a bit RJ. PMG has probably graded over 100,000 notes. As best as I can remember, there have been about 2 or 3 of these type problems with PMG. Furthermore, when PMG was advised of the problem, it was corrected professionally, right away. As we both know, Fractionals are really tough to evaluate. I'm sure we also both agree that there are only a very few that are very good at this.

I gave PMG 1200 fractionals for them to grade 2 years ago. So I assume they have graded several thousand more since. As a test, I also sent several of those to PCGS as a test. All of those were graded 1 to 5 grades higher. So much for opinion.

As you can see, either number is a minuscule, or microscopic percentage of error on PMG's part.

We are both not perfect and we have just discovered, nether is PMG.

THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTIZMENT FOR PMG.

Vinny,

I own the note. We all know these were made over 140 years ago, but dont see alot of them.

I guess what surprises me is the number of well qualified fractional dealers and collectors that have contacted me about this. Some solicited and others just contacted me.

I have heard back immediately from Heritage, RJ, dtreter, Kyzivat, Kravitz and Polis. The only one who has not responded to my communications is PMG.

I find that an interesting observation seeing that the story on this note has been posted on just about every major currency forum during the last week. What do you think?

Jeff

wtf is pmg doing??? and epq on top of it?? cmon. tighten it up boys, its inexcusable. i dont wanna hear tpg's are people they make mistakes. u get paid for your grading/authenticating. opinions we can come up with on our own. ive put a lot of money into pmg slabbed notes id hate for their reputation to go to ****.

I think that if you really want your money back for the error in grading, you will get it, without question. I think that you will also be refunded for any mail expense you incurred, and will be treated professionally, by PMG.

Now it sounded like you contacted everyone somehow, and PMG. Who in PMG and what email address? If you left it for someone at PMG to see it here, I can see that it might be possible not to hear from them immediately.

Since I have experienced a similar situation with a grading problem, I called PMG during working hours and asked what to do. I was told what to do and the issue was completely resolved quickly. I believe that you would experience the same with PCGS. I have heard positive stories about them also.

Now, and most importantly, if all collectors were totally experienced and completely competent, and all the doctors on Ebay didn't exist, there would be no need for a good grading service like PMG. Since that is not the case, anyone that thinks that a good grading service like PMG is not needed is in La La land, given the quality of the experiences with other services and ebay.

Vinny

Vinny,

I agree, because of all the poor uneducated based graded currency being sold on ebay, services from a TPG are needed. however I keep a black list of ebay sellers that are notorious for overgrading. The list grows all the time. If I pick something up from there, I only buy from sellers that are members of the currency forums I participate with and noted dealers that know their products and market. Or I take into consideration of an overgrade and bid accordingly.

I contacted PMG by email as I did with everyone else. I contacted them via service@PMGnotes.com as indicated on the contact page. I am on the road Monday and Tuesday, traveling through the Buckeye in Cleveland and I will try to give Glenn a call.

If I wanted my money back, at this time, that would not be a problem. First Heritage has been prompt and profession to offer the paid price and both ways shipping for it. Plus I have several offers for it that exceed the price I paid for it multiple times.

Thanks for your opinion.

Jeff

That's great Jeff. I have 2 1092 $100's that are excellent counterfeits, if there are avid collectors out there for those. Unfortunately no services would grade them. I could cut them in fourth's to look like a fractional......

Have fun on your trip. If you ever come a bit further south in Ohio, we can have lunch and complain to each other in person.

I hope this is the last of this thread.......as it fades into the sunset...

Vinny

Let me study this a bit RJ. PMG has probably graded over 100,000 notes. As best as I can remember, there have been about 2 or 3 of these type problems with PMG. Furthermore, when PMG was advised of the problem, it was corrected professionally, right away. As we both know, Fractionals are really tough to evaluate. I'm sure we also both agree that there are only a very few that are very good at this.

I gave PMG 1200 fractionals for them to grade 2 years ago. So I assume they have graded several thousand more since. As a test, I also sent several of those to PCGS as a test. All of those were graded 1 to 5 grades higher. So much for opinion.

As you can see, either number is a minuscule, or microscopic percentage of error on PMG's part.

We are both not perfect and we have just discovered, nether is PMG.

THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTIZMENT FOR PMG.

(thumbs u

i could tell many facts about counterfeits in pcgs coin and currency holders

it happens rare but it happens especially so with specialized materials that precious can expertize

at least pmg will take care of it