• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1934 $10 Note in Change!

7 posts in this topic

Received a $10 bill in change the other day…stuck out like a sore thumb.

1934 series WA Julian/Henry Morganthau, Jr. signatures. Bank of Boston (A) with a green seal.

It has a center fold but otherwise in pretty good condition with no dog ears or tares.

What is the value for such a note (ball park) Is it worth hanging onto?

Thanks in advance since I know very little about paper money.

I'm a coinee so this is not my area but the March 2008 COIN PRICES has 34 pages of U.S. currency with values.

If I am looking at the correct note (KL#2045 - 1934A FRN without a star) it lists at $11 in XF, $25 in CH CU (63)

and $40 in GEM CU (65).

I'd hold it just because it's old, but that's just me.

I agree with this assessment, depending on condition it might be worth 2-4x face, but I would keep it just because it's old! Heck I save series 1995 and earlier (small head) notes just because they are different!

Thnaks for the info...yeah, I showed it to a mutual collector and he thinks some kid might have pilfered a collection and it somehow got back to me as change from a twenty.

It is now residing back into a collection...resting, once again, worry free from the Federal shredding machines.

I agree with this assessment, depending on condition it might be worth 2-4x face, but I would keep it just because it's old! Heck I save series 1995 and earlier (small head) notes just because they are different!

Thats what I do. pre 1995 i hold from the change ( even singles i do). and for me to collect anything 1996 or newer it has to be a fancy number , a real low number starting with 000 or a star. or an error. i think thats why i got like 810 singles laying around now. but makes me happy to collect these older style ones. i finally cracked 100 notes in my $20 dept. im stoked about that