• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanning issues

3 posts in this topic

Ok ive fed up and openly asking for help

up until about 2 weeks ago. I was able to scan any note at 300DPI save it and just post it and be in under the 200k. Now i dont know what the heck happened now 300DPI scans of the same notes ( i tested it out to see if it was just the other notes ive been scanning ) and now everything is 500k to .96 MB. I dont know why its like this . At 150DPI the pictures are 350k. and when u shrink them , they look so bad they arent worth posting to show anyone cause they look too grainy.

What happened? Why is it doing this How do i fix How do you scan them and compress them to 200k or less. Is there a way in the scanner that u control the compression ratio to make it work. the way i want it to. Any ideas PLease help i have notes to show you all but i cant till i figure this out.

What happened? Why is it doing this How do i fix How do you scan them and compress them to 200k or less. Is there a way in the scanner that u control the compression ratio to make it work. the way i want it to. Any ideas PLease help i have notes to show you all but i cant till i figure this out.

What happened? Hard to say. I can probably help you going forward though.

What program are you using to scan in your notes? The scanner is only to capture your scanned image really, your image manipulation software (Fireworks, Photoshop, etc) is what you will use to shrink the photo in various ways.

PERSONALLY, I would continue to scan at 300 DPI. Once your image is captured at 300 DPI and in your image manipulation software, we can go from there. Tell me what software you are using and I can probably get you going in the right direction.

xY