• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A lil help heeah...

10 posts in this topic

Hi all...mostly lurked, now participate, over in the coin forums. However, THIS came to me in a fresh stack of singles. I am a coin guy, but will be learning about that forever. THOUGH, I do know when something is not right with a coin, the 'ding' of silver, and off-center, broadstruck, etc.....THIS bill is one of those. I have NO idea about this, if its common as all get out, just spend it, oops-got something here....no clue. To the best of my knowledge, this note is crisp unc (though, again, not a currency guy, but have other graded notes for comparison sakes). So, without any more nonsense, I present this to you currency guys (my coin photography stinks, so, this is the best I could do for this bill). Thanx in advance!!! (What seems like hours later from originally posting).......Ok, my images would have been WAY big for the thread, so here are links to photobucket for them, and I will include one where everything is just off center, and I apologize for this one being so huge.....thanx again and sorry about the lack of image knowledge!

Edited to add...margins/borders/edges (?) all around the bill are not uniform, straight, not uniform...front bottom is almost non existent...leads me to think its just not trimmed (post BEP damage), but was cut this way from the sheet at the BEP...if other images are needed for more clarification, I can do my best. Thanx!

washie4.jpg

Image One

Image Two

Image Three

Image Four

Thats a cool note. i guess that would qualify as a major shift.not sure on the value but its definately cool and Id hold on to it if it came across my way. I wonder if there were others in the pack that the design carried over since that one is so miscut.

is this the only one you have or are there more from the pack

Muleman....that was the only one like it that I got. Though, the singles I got back in the transaction were not sequentially numbered (its funny that in changing a $20 bill for a toll, I got 19 $1 bills-they hate getting $20's-that were all crisp), so, its anyones guess as to whether the whole sheet was shifted like this and made its way into circulation, got caught and had star notes replace them, etc......thanx for your input on this. I guess I should step up and NOW ask if it's something I should send in...????

Duke,

Im rather certain the whole sheet was like that. and probably they all made it out. I should send my note it isnt as dramatic as yours. Im not sure the value for as turn around for it to be graded. If you have a free grading cert and you have nothing else to send in Id say go for it.

Yeah dont you hate it when they give you 19 singles back ( i guess more chances to land something good like this. ) I work in retail so when people spend alot of 1s and 5s im the guy counting 200 or 300 singles from 6 tills. you never know what gems you might find.

Now that i look at my note, mine is a BD block 03a Apparently alot of issues from that district at this time. mine has the bottom right "2' running into Anne's signature. Yet mine wasnt miscut. Its like the 77 and 77a series having alot of errors. the 03a seems to have alot of smuges and shifts and such. I think they should do a sticky post for error notes found in the wild. like post ur new items but just for found in the wild errors.

Back printing was normal. Second printing the paper didn't feed right and the front printing was low and slightly to the left. The third printing (seals and serial numbers) was normal and the cutting was normal. But since the second printing was low the entire bottom border was missing and the top border is extra wide. (back printing is fairly well centered which is how I know the error was in the second printing and not the serial number printing or the cutting.)

Well, any suggestions as to what to do with this note? Is it worthy of being forever encased? Is there a desirability factor? Basically, is this going to be one of those 'neat errors, but not worth a premium', or.......I guess this is where I need 'a lil help heeah'.....lol Thanx!

Doubt its worth the cost of a encasement. probably a neat thing but not much a premium. if u dont want it ill give u a dollar for it lol. nah its worth it to put it away and add it to ur collection. definately in my eyes a pull from circulation

Muleman