• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identification help requested.

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays!!

I know everyone is busy but I took a break and started leafing through the Yugoslavia paper money I collected while my wife and I were living in Belgrade from 1979-1981. This is really the first time I have opened the box where I had stuffed everything.

Anyway, with my new Standard Catalogs of World Paper Money, I began the hunt to see if I had anything of interest. I came up very pleased with some of the stuff but ran into 4 pieces that I can not find in the catalogs. I believe they are all from Yugoslavia, (or countries that once made up Yugoslavia) but I don't see them listed anywhere.

May I ask for some help in identifying and if possible, evaluating these notes. I hope the scans are clear, but if not, I will try again.

Thanks so much, and again...Happy Holidays.

RI AL

yugobillsobv.jpg

yugobillsrev.jpg

The top and bottom item are bonds from Serbia from WWII. That is all I can tell you about them.

The 5 lira is a WWII issue for slovenia. I believe it was issued by communist partisans.

The other small one is a local from the city of Ljubjana after WWI.

SInce they are not currency, the bonds are not in the Pick Catalog. The partisan note and the local are too specialized to be listed in Pick. The partisan note is listed in WWII Remembered by Schwan/Boling but I don't have my copy with me to tell you any more about it.