• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World Paper Money Catalogs

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm new to this board (usually hang around the coins groups) but may I ask a question?

I am really confused as to which editions of the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money are the newest? I know there are 3 different volumes, but I can't figure out which editions are the latest ones. Also, may I ask, what is meant by "Specialized Issues"?

My wife and I worked overseas for 6 years, 4 in Peru and 2 in what used to be Yugoslavia and I collected a bunch of stuff from there and bits from other countries where we traveled from 1975-1981. Would like to clean out the box and see if there is anything really collectible in there.

Many thanks!!!! RI AL

What you would be needing would be the Modern Issues book. The most recent is the 13th edition It covers issues since 1961. It can be found from the publisher here, http://www.krausebooks.com/product/821/4 But if you check around on Amazon or some other places you might find it for less. Another option would be a slightly older edition which should also be cheaper, and the prices probably won't be that different.

Specialized issues means things like local issues, municipal issues, military issues, occupation issues etc Basicly anything other than nation-state issues.