• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few selections from my colonial currency collection.

9 posts in this topic

I started collecting colonial currency 4 years ago primarily because I was having a hard time "filling the holes" in my very specialized pattern collection. I was attending 6-7 major shows across the country each year and finding no more than 1-2 coins for my efforts.

I started buying colonial notes because they were interesting, historical, sometimes beautiful and relatively cheap. Initially I wanted to complete a 13 colony set in the best grade I could find but as the collection grew so did my areas of interest. There are many ways to collect in addition to the afore mentioned 13 colony set...... there are famous signers from the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution and notes signed by continental congressmen and early colonial governors. There are notes printed by Benjamin Franklin or designs engraved by Paul Revere. All of these are fascinating and historically significant IMO plus they are downright fun to collect.

I am currently working on the South Carolina ordinance of 1779 issues. Six down and one to go :)

SC_forty_dollars_ordinance_of_1779.jpg

South_Carolina_sheet.jpg

SC_sixty_dollars_ordinance_of_1779.jpg

SC_seventy_dollars_ordinance_of_1779.jpg

SC_eighty_dollars_ordinance_of_1779.jpg

SC_ninety_dollars_ordinance_of_1779.jpg

This particular series is quite scarce and usually seen damaged or well worn on those rare occasions when you run across one.

All of these notes were previously in the Ford collection and all but one is also ex. F.C.C. Boyd. I didn't attend the Ford sales and actually acquired the six pieces through three different sources.

superb (worship)

i like them all :cloud9:

please scan and post any paul revere sword in hand notes the full vignette on the reverse type

and also any 1777 omission dated georgia colored seal vignette notes :foryou:

we await your reply on these here boards with excited anticipation (thumbs u

my friend