• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Article on Colonial currency - Worth reading

5 posts in this topic

the article was superb and one of the better threads i have ever read on these forums!! (thumbs u kudos to you my friend :applause:

continental and colonial state currency one of the unsung and last great historical frontiers of numismatics

where VALUE AND OPPORTUNITY :banana: with a fundemential reason to rise in demand :angel: are more than great :cloud9:

(worship)To get a "feel" for the hobby, I have shown some of my notes to friends and associates, to get their feedback. Not one of them had ever seen a Colonial before in person, or even in picture form. They had no idea such currency existed and all were very intrigued, especially with the hand signing. Without telling them about value, all of them thought they were worth Far more than their actual value. A normal reaction was, "How can something this old, with such historic significance, be so inexpensive?"... Food for thought.

(worship)

Thank you Michael for your very kind comments.

I have re-worked and added quite a bit to this article, so please take a look again when you you have time.

And you are so correct when you wrote "continental and colonial state currency one of the unsung and last great historical frontiers of numismatics". It has the stuff of dreams, much like hidden pirate treasure. We just have to dig it up.

I intend to continue to add to and improve this article as I really do have great interest in this era of currency. So it will be an ongoing project.

great i will go take a look see later today!!!!

a good overview for a new collector and interesting for an advanced collector

and with pcgs and pmg certifying colonial currency, a more level playing field is being brought to the market for all buyers!!