• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2003 $5 Blue Note??? Need Help

7 posts in this topic

I am a frequent user of Treasure Net and I posted this thread on their forums. I posted this thread on there and I was referred to this website. Hopefully some of you might have an idea on this. They also suggested that I get it authenticated. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My wife recently found a 2003 Series five dollar bill that has a Blue Seal instead of a green one. I know that blue seal currencies went out a long time ago so why would this one have a blue seal. It has the watermark, security thread and the small lettering to the bottom left of Lincolns portrait. If ya'll have any idea let me know. Authentic?Value?Fake? I am not out anything on it (except 5 bucks) but I would like to know more about it.

43898-5Dollar.jpg.51fa654e929b4cef874f1f052702af1a.jpg

It looks to be just slightly off color, could be a problem with the green ink used, though the serial numbers do not appear off. Could also be post issue damage such as bleaching that leached out some of the yellow in the ink. I am no currency error expert, but I wouldn't pay more than face for it.

You may be right. I collect coins so I am not too fluent on challenges that face the paper money industry. Someone might have altered it to try and pass it on as an error. If I sent it in to a paper money grading service would they verify whether its a fake or if its real? I have 5 bucks in it so I am not out anything on it.

Thanks for the link. Looks like a pretty heavy debate on the issue.