• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help identifying a signature

2 posts in this topic

I got the $2/3 Continental in hand today. Pretty damn cool if you ask me! There is something very special about holding this piece of paper in your hands, something that's hard to describe. Have you seen a Continental or Colonial note with a similar siganture? Any idea who this could be?

The signature is very hard to discern. The beginning worn nearly completely off. Below are three photos of the signature I've taken in hopes of identifying who the signor was.

This first photo is just the plain old note and signature, no adjustments at all...

68034338rk9.jpg

This second photo I juiced the color red in the image heavily. This effect will take any red that is on the note and amplify it thousands of times. Since the signature is in red ink I was hoping this would pull some out that was not previously visible. It did help some but not as much as I'd hoped for...

29174740pm2.jpg

This last photo is the same red juiced image with a blue tracing line following what I can make out of the signature. It looks like the last 6 letters may possibly be "...cIvans". What do you think?

20165194mn7.jpg