• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$5 bill printing error? or?

5 posts in this topic

(referred to here from somewhere else as I have a question:)

What do you think? $5 bill printing error? transfer or? It looks like a partial

print from the back of a $1 bill in fact you can make out the 1 with one across

it but it's inverted (back wards).

It's been circulated and all that, Now the 1st thing was is it fake? Well the bill

has the strip and the water mark, Other then the area in question it looks like

a normal $5 bill. The scan doesn't do it justice as green color is equal to the green

of the back of a $1 bill to the eye with no yellowing.

image000211111lv1.jpg

What is this? Is it worth anything (other then $5 of course)

thanks

Interesting, it looks like the $5 was set on top of a $1 while the ink was still wet, but I don't think that can happen at the BEP since the denominations are all done in separate runs, so my vote would be that it was something that happened after it left the BEP, perhaps the two notes were in contact with some chemical that caused the ink to bleed. If it was a $1 note, I would be more inclined to think it was a BEP error.

Interesting, it looks like the $5 was set on top of a $1 while the ink was still wet, but I don't think that can happen at the BEP since the denominations are all done in separate runs, so my vote would be that it was something that happened after it left the BEP, perhaps the two notes were in contact with some chemical that caused the ink to bleed. If it was a $1 note, I would be more inclined to think it was a BEP error.

Yes, I've herd that idea thrown around too if it was a chemical, how is the ink

on the $5 not effected? Why would the inking be perfect and lined up? except

thats it's inverted and only part of the printing. theres no smudging that you'd expect with an ink bleed.. it's really a must see in real life.also why only that

small spot only would be effected.The chemical idea makes since because

it's the most likely but it's hard to say parts of that theory don't line up.

wonder where I shold I take such a thing to be looked at...

Also, it may not have been a wet or liquid chemical, I was thinking more like silly putty and the Sunday comics, though not silly putty, rather a chemical paste or some other chemical that might act to separate the ink from the paper and then released it in contact with the other note. I'm no chemist though!