• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWBIE here and I need some help!

5 posts in this topic

My husband was given a coin collection that used to belong to his grandfather and in it, there was a 1917 $1 bill.

I cannot make out the name of the Register of Treasury but the other signer is John Bunker.

Serial number is H73972302A

I'm enclosing a photo.........can anyone help me figure out who the other signer is on this and how much it might be worth?

dollarfrontup2.jpg

dollarbackfg5.jpg

Here is the signature I cannot figure out:

zoomdollarop5.jpg

Is there anyway to safely smooth some of the creases out of this bill?

Thank you in advance for your help!

The signers are William S. Elliott and John Burke. This is an Fr. 37 $1 legal tender and from the look of it in not too bad a shape. As for smoothing out the creases, there is not much you can do, in the past, I would place a bill like this in between the pages of two unabridged dictionaries I have for sever weeks or even months. I suppose this would be considered pressing, and may not be veiwed favorably.

For future reference, here is a website that shows the signatures (most of them) and translates them for you: http://www.uspapermoney.info/sign/all.html