• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price Guide for (Star) currency?

4 posts in this topic

I recently bought an August copy of the Greensheet, but much to my disappointment, greensheet doesn't not have a price listing for any (*STAR) notes.

For example I have a FR 1534* and 1534* note I submitted to PMG that I am awating back for a grade, these notes are near uncirculated condition or higher.

I was looking for a price guide that would give a better market value for these besides the annual book price.

Does anyone else know a source that has price guide for (STAR) notes that is more current then a book produced once a year?

Thanks for your time.

Shawn

Fr. 1534* is a $5 USN 1953B star. Is the other 1534* typo?

Most $5 Series 1953 USN stars will sell for $200-400 in CU with better premiums on 1953 and 1953C. Higher end EF and AUs may sell for $75-100. For the most part, these notes are pretty common in circ grades, and only slightly more difficult in CU.

You mention "near uncirculated", so do you mean AU or CU? If the notes are AU or less, having them certified does not add much to the value.

Do check the Heritage Archives for more realistic values.

Sorry I meant 1535* and 1534* I have both notes. I am not sure of the grade. They are crisp with no folds however I don't know if that makes them AU of CU. So I am having them graded by PMG and I am waiting for them to return. I will check HA archives more closely once I have a PMG grade to go by.

Thanks for your help.

Shawn