• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of questions on $5 packs

5 posts in this topic

How do collectors obtain packs of 100 $5 new uncirculated "star" bills? I know you sometimes can get packs of uncirculated "nonstar" bills from your bank, but what about the "stars?" I am, of course, asking about current issues - 2003A or 2006.

Also, what kind of premium do these packs command over face value - both for nonstars and stars?

After the series ends and they start producing the new series, the BEP will release the remaining stars from the old series. If they have a fair number of sheets there can be quite a few fl packs of stars released. It just happens to be the luck of the draw if you happen to get them. If you can work upa good relationship with your local teller they might be able to tip you off if a new brick of currency comes in. (I would think that probably only the larger banks get in full unopened bricks.)

After the series ends and they start producing the new series, the BEP will release the remaining stars from the old series. If they have a fair number of sheets there can be quite a few fl packs of stars released. It just happens to be the luck of the draw if you happen to get them. If you can work upa good relationship with your local teller they might be able to tip you off if a new brick of currency comes in. (I would think that probably only the larger banks get in full unopened bricks.)

A friend of mine did exactly that and the teller sold him a banded pack of 20 $50 consecutive star notes. Pretty cool (and lucky!)

--Beast