• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about U.S. 1903 Bills/Notes.

4 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I'm not really a currency collector, but I do collect short snorters with assorted astronaut signatures on them. I was contemplating trying to get some of the currently living Moon walkers to sign a bill/note. It seems appropriate given the Wright brothers flight that I get the signatures on a U.S. 1903 bill. Is there a site with images of the various U.S. bills/notes from that year? Also, would there be a site with approximate prices for bills in uncirculated condition from that year? Thank you for your help!

The only US notes with a 1903 date on them will be National Bank Notes that were issued during that year. True UNC notes are going to cost well over $1,000.00 if you can find them.

You would be better of following mtnstyne's suggestion of using Series 681 MPC fractionals which have a depiction of astronaut Ed White on a spacewalk on the back. You should be able to find these in the $10.00-20.00 range in UNC.

lettow is absolutely right on that, there were no series 1903 notes to use, however you might want to try series 1969 notes, since I think that was also a relevant year for aerospace history, though I can't recall what happened then since I wasn't born till late in the year...