• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Note in Collection Thread

48 posts in this topic

i was lucky to stumble upon it. i normally dont look at the buy it now's at the bottom of the page because they are usually a rip-off, but decided to try it out. i was lucky to spot it and the seler had several other fancy serial notes, but these were the nicest ones i saw.

Oh, you mean those buy-it-now's; the "eBay store" ones down below all the regular listings that come up in your searches. I agree! Those are usually over-priced, over-graded, rip-offs.

I chuckle at some of those Buy-It-Now/OR "best offer" sellers whose B.I.N. coin prices are literally 3-4 times what they're worth. I guess they're playing the law of percentages, figuring someone will give them a best offer of 50% more than it's worth, thinking they got a deal by not paying 200% more than the item is worth? mad.gif

This note is special only because my father got this shortly after WWII ended. I assume that the autograph on the reverse is someone who fought or was stationed in the Pacific, and I've tried to locate him without success. 1209276-IMG_0446.JPG1209276-IMG_0447.JPG

Chris

1209276-IMG_0447.JPG.10d43ab3e889210b4de6cb0834e5b4d7.JPG

Nice notes bubt ive always wondered why people settle for less then uncirculated notes. To me it seems if you do it right the first time, there is more satisfaction in years to come when the notes become harder to find an you have one of the few uncirculated notes. I realize that some notes are way to expensive, but what is the point of "fillers" in a collection. I collect notes for their beauty, which is more pleasureable in uncirculated condition. Any comments?

151207418_5f6ed0d2f2.jpg

this is actually a great note.

BOILER78,

You have the absolute finest numismatic tastes that I have ever encountered! Everything you have ever shared has not only been educational but beautiful as well. Thanks for not being one of the reclusive, hodge-podge types, unwilling to share and educate the rest of the numismatic community. Most collectors will never have the joy of owning some of your incredible patterns, coins and notes. You definitely have my respect!

PS

niceserials6if.jpg

I really like the one dollar note because of the "443". This is the first three letters of my SSN which was issued in Oklahoma in the early '80's.

Nice notes bubt ive always wondered why people settle for less then uncirculated notes. To me it seems if you do it right the first time, there is more satisfaction in years to come when the notes become harder to find an you have one of the few uncirculated notes. I realize that some notes are way to expensive, but what is the point of "fillers" in a collection. I collect notes for their beauty, which is more pleasureable in uncirculated condition. Any comments?

You have to remember that not everyone is Bill Gates. wink.gif

I could afford a Bison in no higher than F-15...

Hayden

I think also what needs to be realized is that collecting circulated notes is not necessarily settling. Some would argue that they would prefer not to collect uncirculated notes since the money has never been active in trade. It all depends on what is important to you as an individual collector. But realize, the reality is that there is a tremendous market out there for circulated notes, and that many of these circulated notes are very rare in circulated condition and some simply do not exist in the mint state.