• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Nicklaus British 5 pound Note

16 posts in this topic

In honor of Jack Nicklaus' golfing achievements and his last attempt to play the British Open at St. Andrews, the Royal Bank of Scotland has issued a production of 5 pound notes ($9 US) with Jacks likeness on the front! Don't know how many were be made and I can't find any google link with a picture of it, but I was wondering if anyone out there is going to try to obtain one or a few for their collection.

I personally, don't collect paper but would like to have two of these for my small golf paraphenalia collection. Anyone willing/able to help me out?

Thanks in advance! thumbsup2.gifNEVER MIND--------------

Did find a link to the UK eBay listings. WOW! They didn't waste any time getting these out! They are there selling for 15 pounds ($27) and up! Here is a link to them. Click on "BRITISH" link.

If you want to order these notes, here is the information. They are limited to 20 notes and only one order per customer:

Thank you for your interest in the Jack Nicklaus commemorative 5GBP note. Each note costs $10, which includes regular postage. For certified mail please add an additional $2.30 per package, for registered $8.00 per package and FedEx Delivery $10 per package.

Checks should be made payable to The Royal Bank of Scotland. We are not able to accept wire transfers or credit cards. The maximum amount of notes that can be purchased by any one customer is 20, a figure which is subject to change depending on demand. Checks should be sent, together with your name, mailing address, preferred method of postage and number of notes required, to:

Jack Nicklaus Bank Notes

The Royal Bank of Scotland

101 Park Avenue

New York

New York 10178.

Todd

CameoCC, I would love to have one of these notes and I know it is legit. However, where did you get the address information from before I go and just send a check blindly to NY. Do you have a web address to view for these guys specifically.

I love the price. They are going for $30.00 + and shipping is $5.00 +. I would love to get my hands on some of these for $10.00

Please excuse my ignorance of how this works over there. If it's issued by the Royal Bank of Scotland, does that mean it's only for Scotland use, or can you use it all over the UK? Do they have different money in Scotland than England?

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I contacted them via email and also looked up Royal Bank of Scotland on the internet to see if the address matched. They did, so I sent off a check for 10 of them. I had already bought 4 on the internet from a guy in Scotland. They came Monday. I paid $25 each for them.

Please excuse my ignorance of how this works over there. If it's issued by the Royal Bank of Scotland, does that mean it's only for Scotland use, or can you use it all over the UK? Do they have different money in Scotland than England?

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Yes, or least they did in the 60s-70s when I was there. But you can use the notes all over Great Britain. I saw very few Scottish notes while there as most Scottish notes stayed in Scotland.

Jerry

Scottish and Northern Ireland Banks issue their own Banknotes and these circulate with Bank of England notes in those areas. They are not generally accepted in shops in England and Wales even though the Banks will accept them at face.

The Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey governments also issue their own Banknotes and these circulate with Bank of England notes on the Islands.

On the Isle of Man you can find Scottish, Northern Irish, English and Manx notes in circulation ( we will accept them happily!!! ).

Tony Harmer

In the Isle of Man

Hi there i no this was posted a long time ago , but i have a few of the last 2005 to 2006 jack nicklas £5 notes if ne one is intrested in them , i was gona stick them on ebay but thought i would c if ne one on ere would like to buy them from me , on ere as you all sound verry intrested in them , xxxx news.gif

look at above this post at attachment and shows you what is on bk of note xx hi.gif

589a8ef6b4e88_1425593-17_11.jpg.c2ef9b27a32a5ed68143a784b2b94d6a.jpg