• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was my €100 Banknote ever issued

7 posts in this topic

Good morning and thank you in advance for any information or advice given in response to my question.
I have been advised to ask someone in this section about this banknote I have. 
I have in my possession a first issue €100 banknotes with a W country code on the prefix. After trying myself to acquire the information, all I can find is that the letter W was set aside for when Denmark join the Eurozone which they haven’t as yet. My question is, would this banknote have been printed for Denmark just in case they decided to join before the notes were officially released. Is it one that maybe wasn’t put out for general circulation. It’s in absolutely fabulous condition. 
Again, many thanks in advance. 
Kindest Regards 

Graham

88B9431D-CCFF-4AD7-B856-7E7E02C873A5.jpeg

36518372-8FBF-4627-9509-CEEBFC218580.jpeg

CDE5CA6E-A681-4DA4-8A3F-87AC46E80F1C.jpeg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I forwarded these images to our research department and they checked with the graders.  They are asking if you can send a detailed photo of the hologram at different angles.  There is some concern that the images you have already sent look a bit flat which could indicate a forgery.  If you aren't able to send any additional or more detailed photos, it might be something we would have to see in person to be sure on.

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

• Administrator

I have heard back from our graders on this and, based on the latest images you sent over, it is our opinion that this is a very sophisticated forgery.  I am sorry about that!

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!