• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Stock, Bond And Loan Certificates, Anything Goes!
1 1

55 posts in this topic

I stumbled upon this thread from a couple of years back, and I must say, it's fascinating to see how our collections evolve. While the original posters might not be around, I'd still love to check out those stock, bond, and loan certificates if they're still up for display.
By the way, if you're ever in need of mortgage advice, you might want to reach out to a Mortgage Broker in Bath. They're the real deal when it comes to finding the best mortgage options. Check out Bristol Money Man's website for more info—they've got your back.
Now, let's bring this thread back to life! If you're still here, share some photos of your collection. I'm sure fellow enthusiasts, including newcomers like me, would love to see the stunning artwork and hear the stories behind those certificates.

Edited by joannejones

I love the idea of sharing our financial artifacts! Stock certificates, bond papers, and loan documents can hold such interesting histories. It's like a glimpse into financial evolution.

If you ever find yourself in need of guidance regarding your finances, not just investments but mortgages and more, you might want to consider consulting a Mortgage Advisor Birmingham. They're experts in the field and can provide valuable insights on managing your financial portfolio.

Edited by Nekrokrator

On 6/23/2023 at 7:07 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

image.thumb.png.9b682fa698d109ed7b9c68c48c93bc24.png

I have this money clip which has a bond coupon as the face of the clip...it's from one of those catalogues where they specialize in Wall Street memorabilia....it's from the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago, and St. Louis Railroad.

There were plenty of bonds issued by the railroads, lots of them preserved so they can utilize them at low cost for items like the money clip.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 2/29/2024 at 3:39 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

There were plenty of bonds issued by the railroads, lots of them preserved so they can utilize them at low cost for items like the money clip.

I love the artistry of the vignettes, scroll work, fonts, etc., on bond and stock certificates so that is the main reason I pick some of these up. I wanted to be in a niche collecting area so I went with trying to pick up mostly specimens, I also chose specimens because actual bonds will often have cancellation perforations going through the design and are missing most if not all of the coupons. I stick with Michigan themed pieces mostly, and who doesn't love trains, so I have a lot of railroad pieces.

On 7/29/2023 at 2:41 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

This one cracks me up, it looks like a Star Trek episode with the Gods looking at a telephone on their monitor. xD 

"Who Mourns for Adoanis ?" with the lovely (and still alive !!) Leslie Parrish. (thumbsu

On 2/29/2024 at 8:19 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

"Who Mourns for Adoanis ?" with the lovely (and still alive !!) Leslie Parrish. (thumbsu

That's the one.

I remember Leslie Parrish more for the Manchurian Candidate than this episode of Star Trek, either way.  :luhv: I'm not sure which role she played first.