• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 sequential serial number $1 silver certificates from 1957 - any decent value here?

2 posts in this topic

Hi All - I'm brand new to this site and chat board so thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments. I'm an estate liquidator and recently came across 4 -  1957 $1 silver certificates with sequential serial numbers: C90810642A, C90810643A, C90810644A, C90810645A. Each note is in amazing shape. I'm wondering if this collection is worth getting graded? And speaking of worth, what would you say the potential value is?

smaller1s.jpg

22 hours ago, DanHerz said:

Hi All - I'm brand new to this site and chat board so thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments. I'm an estate liquidator and recently came across 4 -  1957 $1 silver certificates with sequential serial numbers: C90810642A, C90810643A, C90810644A, C90810645A. Each note is in amazing shape. I'm wondering if this collection is worth getting graded? And speaking of worth, what would you say the potential value is?

smaller1s.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. 

I believe these to be fairly common notes and sequential #s don't really bring much, if any, premium so most of the decision will have to be based on what they will grade and where the break even point is between sell price at a certain grade and the cost of grading plus raw value. Having the four notes graded will probably run you around $30+ a piece, which means from what I'm seeing, with some quick searching, is that those notes probably need to grade at 65 or higher and I don't think they would. These seem to sell on ebay, with sequential numbers/in that condition, for about $5 a piece. I'd sell them "as is" unless you're confident in your grading skills.

A very cool find and some very nice notes, good luck.