• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found some Disney dollars 🤷🏼‍♀️

4 posts in this topic

Found 4 Disney dollar notes (2002 tinker bell 10 dollar notes) and realized they’re something special? They’re all bent and have red wine stain on corner 😂😂😂 so i just don’t really know what this grading system means- are they trash since I’ve wrecked them? I am sure they’re real as I lived in Orlando at that time. How do I interpret this PMG grading system? Is “red wine stained on the corner and bent up as if shoved in a book for 20 years” worthless? Thanks for any tips!!

Hi,

Post some pictures of the notes.

I wouldn't say they are trash but In the condition you're describing probably not worth grading and looking at less than $40 each maybe only face.

Go on eBay or similar auction house/website and compare your notes conditions to sold listings, do some research.

19 hours ago, Cjeffrey17 said:

How do I interpret this PMG grading system? Is “red wine stained on the corner and bent up as if shoved in a book for 20 years” worthless? Thanks for any tips!!

70 is perfect

60-69 are uncirculated but not perfect.

50-59 is basically lightly circulated.

As you keep going down you get more and more worn. Anything below about a 10 or 20 is a heavily circulated, barely holding together rag that's only going to be valuable if it's a very rare old note.

I wouldn't expect a Disney dollar to be worth much of anything unless it's at least a 65 or better - Gem Uncirculated. It sounds like yours aren't going to be worth much.

Unless something is very rare and therefore desirable in any state / condition, people like things to be clean shiny and new. I don't know many cases where you get extra value out of having people play "guess what the mystery state is - it's definitely not blood!"