• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 PMG Registry Awards-DEADLINE 10 a.m. EST on Nov. 1st 

10 posts in this topic

• Administrator

The growth of the PMG Registry means that more sets will be selected for major awards and valuable prizes! Every year, PMG gives awards to the top sets in the PMG Registry. Ensure your set is at its best by 10 a.m. EST on Nov. 1st to be automatically considered for awards. Winners will be announced Jan. 5, 2024.

The PMG Registry is a free online platform where collectors register and display their PMG-certified notes and compete against other collectors around the world for recognition and prizes. This popular resource now boasts more than 115,000 registered notes.

Winners of PMG Registry Awards will receive a personalized plaque, an icon of recognition next to their PMG Registry set and a $500 PMG grading credit

The PMG Registry Awards are open to all PMG Registry participants. To participate in the PMG Registry, visit PMGnotes.com/Registry, register your PMG-certified notes and create a set. It’s free to join.

This year, winners will be selected in the following major award categories:

Competitive Set Awards

• Best US Sets
    o Awarded to three sets annually.
  • Best World Sets
  • Best Presented Sets
    o US or World Sets with the best descriptive text and note images.

Overall Achievement Award

• One Outstanding Collector will be awarded for Overall Achievement in PMG Registry Set Collecting.

Important Notes!

• Obscured sets will not be considered for any award type. 
  • The deadline to update your PMG Registry sets for 2023 award consideration is 10 a.m. EST on November 1, 2023. 
  • Winners will be announced on January 5, 2024.

To join the free PMG Registry or update your PMG Registry sets, visit PMGnotes.com/Registry.

Has PMG considered following suit with NGC and giving award icons and PDF certificates to the winner of each category? Are there just too many categories on the PMG side that are "non-competitive" for lack of a better phrase for that to be worth it?

I'm wondering because I'd always assumed this wasn't done here because of the lower level of participation on this side of the aisle but you cited increased participation as the reason for increasing the number of major awards this year.

• Administrator
On 11/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, Revenant said:

Has PMG considered following suit with NGC and giving award icons and PDF certificates to the winner of each category? Are there just too many categories on the PMG side that are "non-competitive" for lack of a better phrase for that to be worth it?

I'm wondering because I'd always assumed this wasn't done here because of the lower level of participation on this side of the aisle but you cited increased participation as the reason for increasing the number of major awards this year.

Thank you for the feedback, Revenant.

We do currently award set winners with icons. There is a programming issue right now where not all ribbons are displaying. We will your comments about certificates to our senior PMG award team.

• Administrator
On 2/26/2020 at 8:39 AM, Bullmaximus said:

I am trying access the registry but it is no longer a secure site. It appears that the certificate of privacy has lapsed. Is that a permanent situation? Thanks

Hello.

We have no current website issues. This may be related to security software you have installed on your device. Thank you.

I just realized that this old thread was updated for the 2020 awards... When did this happen?

I've been waiting for and looking for the big announcement. Did i miss something or did PMG go super low-key this year?

Anyway... Glad to see it continue!

Hi Ali,

There are so many different types of sets under the US Category, that it would be nice to see a broader range of awards given. It wouldn't be necessary to give out "grading credit" with the awards, but it would be nice to see a larger variety of sets recognized. My 0.2 cents as someone who has started to cross some of my collection over to PMG.

• Administrator
On 7/10/2020 at 7:46 PM, Gnat said:

Hi Ali,

There are so many different types of sets under the US Category, that it would be nice to see a broader range of awards given. It wouldn't be necessary to give out "grading credit" with the awards, but it would be nice to see a larger variety of sets recognized. My 0.2 cents as someone who has started to cross some of my collection over to PMG.

Hello, Gnat.

Thank you for your support and feedback. We appreciate it. We will pass your comments over to the senior team for consideration. Please let us know when we may assist in the future.