• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you folks guess a grade on this note?

17 posts in this topic

The color is off in some of these photos but that is just because I don't have a good camera. I hope I didn't post to many pictures.

DSCN4564.JPG

DSCN4566.JPG

DSCN4562.JPG

DSCN4567.JPG

DSCN4575.JPG

DSCN4577.JPG

DSCN4581.JPG

DSCN4579.JPG

Guesses on a grade would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know how these newfangled paper graders are now grading, but when I was really active in paper we would call that a good.

wheat

6 Good Very worn, serious splits, fraying of the margins and minor damage is evident.

4 Good Very heavily circulated note with numerous small problems. Totally limp with impaired visual appeal. Commonly seen with small pieces missing.

You would really consider it in this condition?

I am now thinking very good 10 since, imo, the color is good. The note has experienced major circulation and is worn considerably yet there are no tears or pinholes. The corners are not rounded or missing. The paper is solid yet it is limp.

I think I need to just concentrate on finding better notes in the future.

I appreciate the opinions very much.

I stuck it in a book under a bunch of other weight so that should fix the small crumple in no time. There are no tears, rounded corners, pinholes, or splits. It is heavily circulated and worn yet has good color and eye appeal. imo. so I am inclined to, based on the following scale, consider this note somewhere between:

15 Choice Fine Looks like a Very Fine, but may have too many folds or too much circulation to warrant a full Very Fine.

12 Fine Considerable circulation, rounded corners, pinholes, minor margin splits may be present, but the note will be whole with solid paper.

10 Very Good A solid, whole note with lots of circulation. Too limp or too many minor problems to make a fine grade.

I just don't see how it could grade F12 without any pinholes, rounded corners, or margin splits.

I will call it a fine ... hell I don't care. lol

edit: it is entirely possible that I don't understand what a 'Margin Split' is. Maybe it does have margin splits and I am interpreting that term wrong.

good mabye a vg

Good? Really? So this describes this bill?

6 Good Very worn, serious splits, fraying of the margins and minor damage is evident.

4 Good Very heavily circulated note with numerous small problems. Totally limp with impaired visual appeal. Commonly seen with small pieces missing.

I guess you are seeing things that I am not. ;)

good mabye a vg

Good? Really? So this describes this bill?

I guess you are seeing things that I am not. ;)

just an opinion, nothing else.